At Mars National Bank we recognize that Security is of utmost importance to our customers. We have, therefore, implemented state of the art networking technology to ensure that our internet banking service is safeguarded against intruders. We use a combination of security features to ensure this protection of your data.
- User ID and password: The system requires the use of a user ID and user selected password. We recommend that you change your password regularly.
- SSL (secure socket layer): A protocol for secure web-based communications ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection between your browser and our server. This process changes your string of letters and numbers into a code that is unrecognizable to anyone else trying to gain access to your personal details.
- Encryption: Encryption technology makes your information unreadable as it traverses the Internet. Only Mars Bank has the necessary ‘decoder’ to read your information once it has been received. We recommend using an Internet browser that supports 128 bit encryption.
- Firewall protection: A combination of computer hardware and software between two networks is in place to control traffic and authorize legitimate transactions passing over the network. It prevents unauthorized users from accessing entire networks or restricted files on a given network.
- Automatic sign-out: Automatic sign off of the system keeps your session from staying open for extended periods of time.
Your browser will indicate when you are in a secure session with a “closed lock” or “unbroken key” icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your Microsoft® Internet Explorer browser screen or in the lower left-hand corner of the Netscape browser screen. You will also see “https://” on your browser URL address line, indicating that you have established a secure link.
- Use an internet browser that supports SSL 128 bit encryption.
- Do not share your user ID or password with anyone you do not want to have access to your accounts.
- Do not use the same user ID or password for other financial or non-financial web-based services such as email or online shopping.
- Do not use the “save log-in information” feature of your computer. This allows anyone with physical access to your computer to use your online banking service and access to your accounts.
- Check your account and transaction history details regularly.