You are required by the U.S. Treasury to switch from paper checks to electronic payments by March 1, 2013. Electronic payments are safer and more reliable than paper checks. Payments included in the Go Direct program:
• Social Security
• Supplemental Security Income
• Veterans Affairs
• Railroad Retirement Board
• Office of Personnel Management • Department of Labor (Black Lung)
With electronic payment, your money will be sent directly to your bank account on payment day.
What you need to make the change by phone or online: • 12-digit federal benefit check number
• Amount of most recent federal benefit check
• Financial institution’s routing transit number
• Account number and type – checking or savings
For more information, call Go Direct at (800) 333-1795 or visit your local Mars National Bank branch office.