First Front Door
First Time Homebuyer Promotion
Through First Front Door (FFD), first-time homebuyers who qualify, can receive a match towards downpayment of 3-to-1. For every $1 the new homeowner contributes, they can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who Can Qualify for First Front Door?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven’t owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years – this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through a financial institution such as Mars Bank.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income and not have assets in excess of $50,000 (excluding retirement accounts).
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
- Bank personnel will review these and other program requirements with you.
Contact our mortgage team today to learn more about how we can help you plan for the future and achieve your personal financial goals.First Front Door funding is a program of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh.