Mars Bank is an award-winning mortgage lender by providing great rates, personal service and meeting customer needs for scheduling and closing their mortgages. Please contact us via contact us securely or call our mortgage center at 724-776-3803 with any questions.
Working with a Mortgage Loan Officer?
First Time Homebuyer?
We have special programs for first time homebuyers including a special mortgage loan offer, access to grant programs, and an online homebuyer education course.
Your First Home Can Be the Perfect Fit with a Special First Time Homebuyer Mortgage
The Perfect Fit Mortgage provides special terms and rates for low-to-moderate-income first time homebuyers:
- Special rate below market
- Low down payment
- No mortgage insurance
- Underwriting, processing and document preparation fees waived (as much as $1,000)
- No escrow
- First time homebuyer grants can be used towards down payment (we’ll help you identify and apply for applicable grants)
- Must meet low-to-moderate income criteria for your local community
- Minimum FICO Score 680 (contact us to learn your score and how to improve it)
- Debt-to-income ratio of 36% or less
- Must successfully complete virtual Mars Bank homebuyer seminar
- Mortgage payments will be automatic withdrawal from a Mars Bank checking account
Contact us to determine if you are eligible and learn current available rates: email us or call 724-776-3803.
First Time Homebuyer Grants
We will help you apply for grants for first time buyers that can be applied towards down payment and/or costs:
- Geography-based grants (where home is located)
- First Front Door grants can only be accessed through member banks – we will apply for you
- All grants are first-come, first-served
Past customers have received up to $10,000 in grants, contact us to learn about eligibility.
Homebuyer Online Seminar
- How much do I need for a down payment?
- What documents do I need to apply?
- What happens at the closing?
- What is escrow?
These are just some of the questions that homebuyers ask. We developed a free online education course that helps new buyers understand the process. We also can help determine if you are eligible for grants towards down payment through civic and industry grant programs such as First Front Door. We’ve helped first-time buyers receive up to $10,000 in grants towards down payment. Contact us to learn more via email or by calling 724-776-3803 for more information.
Considering a Refinance?
Refinancing is a great way to lower your rate, shorten your mortgage term, or both! Learn more about refinancing here.
Need Help with a Special Situation?
If you are considering building a home or buying a townhouse or condo, please contact us. There are unique requirements that we can help you navigate. The best way to avoid any issues is to have a quick conversation up front. Send us information about your situation via contact us securely, or give us a quick call at 724-776-3803.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact us securely. You’ll be able to start an application and it usually can be completed in about 15 minutes. You can even start an application and save it to finish later.
Not sure what you’ll need to get started? Read this article about documents you’ll need.
If you have questions during the application process, we’re here to help! Contact us securely or call us at 724-776-3803.