Mastercard Change Notification
Notification of Changes to Mastercard®Benefits
Mastercard has announced coming changes to the Mars Bank Debit Mastercard® benefits, effective July 1, 2019. Please see below for a summary of these changes.
Core Debit Changes – Removal
Effective July 1, 2019, Mastercard will be removing the Price Protection core debit benefit.
Eligible Core Benefits – ID Theft Protection
Effective July 1, 2019, Mastercard cardholders will be eligible for an enhance Mastercard ID Theft Protection solution with the following updated features:
- New single bureau credit monitoring at TransUnion
- New financial account takeover monitoring
- New URL and domain monitoring
- Improved design and usability of the online monitoring dashboard
- Improved identity monitoring with more data elements
- White glove service for all core prepaid cardholders (new for prepaid): Access to a team of identity theft resolution specialists, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to help resolve cardholders’ identity theft incidents and prevent further damage.
The enhanced Mastercard ID Theft Protection benefit will be provided by a new provider, Generali, and any new cardholders enrolling after July 1, 2019 via mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com will be enrolled in the enhanced Mastercard ID Theft Protection benefit provided by Generali.
Cardholders enrolled in the existing Mastercard ID Theft Protection service will receive a communication from Experian by the end of 2019 informing them of the change in vendor and the need to enroll in the Generali solution to continue to receive the ID theft protection services. Cardholders can enroll at mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com to start using the benefit.
Small Business Changes – Removal – July 1, 2019
- Value Added Tax Reclaim Service
- Extended Warranty Coverage
- Purchase Assurance Coverage
- MasterAssist Services
Small Business Changes
Mastercard will provide the following benefits for small business:
- Intuit Quickbooks Online and Turbo Tax Discount – Cardholders will learn about this benefit through Intuit, Mastercard, and the Mars Bank communication channels and will automatically receive the benefit when a purchase is made at an established promotional website and the cardholder accepts Intuit’s terms and conditions.
- Receipt Management Mobile Application – Mastercard will offer a receipt management application for all small business credit and debit cardholder in the United States. With this new Android or iOS mobile application, business owners and employees can snap photos of receipts to store them securely in the cloud. The application will help small businesses organize and categorize expenses, offering easy data exports and clear reporting (effective July 1, 2019).