myMNB Mobile Deposit
On the Go or at Home? Need to deposit a check?
The myMNB Mobile app has mobile deposit, a safe, secure and easy way to deposit checks directly to your account. Just use the app to take a photo of the check and submit for deposit.
Here’s How It Works
- Endorse the check by signing it and adding “For Mobile Deposit MNB”. Check will not process without this endorsement.
- Make sure the check amounts are correct, legible and the check signed.
- Place the check on a dark background to create contrast with the check.
- Open the myMNB app, login, choose “Deposit” from the menu (position of menu differs between iPhone, iPad and Android phones/tablets).
- Enter the deposit amount.
- You will be prompted to take a photo of the front and back of the check. You will be prompted to retake the photo if there is an issue with image verification.
- When the image is verified, you will receive a prompt to confirm you wish to deposit the check, click “Yes”.
- You will receive a notification that the deposit is pending.
- That’s it! The check will then be added to your deposit history. Within history you can view the check status: Pending (in process), Accepted or Failed. Please keep the check for two weeks.
Have questions? Contact your branch office, or come in for a demo.
Tips for Using Mobile Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Mobile Deposit Mars Bank.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Be sure the check is signed, dated and the amounts match between written and numeric.
- Keep the check within the viewfinder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Be sure all four corners of the check are visible in the viewfinder.
- Try not to get too much of the area surrounding the check into the image.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area. Eliminate shadows across the check.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit. Ensure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Mobile Deposit Requirements
- A deposit account with myMNB Online Banking is required.
- A limit of $2,000 is placed on mobile deposits per day, one check or multiple checks adding up to this limit.
- A “Failed” message means there is an issue with the deposit. Contact your branch office to determine and resolve the issue.
- Once the check is “Accepted” you will see the deposit added to your current/ledger balance. Funds are typically available the next business day. Checks deposited after 3:30 p.m. are processed the following business day and therefore, the deposit will be available the business day after the day of processing. Business days are Monday – Friday (excluding federal holidays).